Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

My Weekend Routine

This is the last thing i ever thought i would be doing, but here goes! I've never quite gone completely naked (without makeup) in front of strangers or anyone for that matter! For people that know me well, will know that this is a huge deal for me!

 
As you can see my chin area is my worst affected part of my face. I suffer with acne mainly around my jawline and chin area. I have a really bad habit (my dermatologist constantly reminds me of) in which i touch my skin when I'm anxious or worrying about something. For me this is probably one of the main reasons my skin hasn't ever really properly cleared up!
During the week while I'm at work i don't tend to wear full coverage makeup, as i feel i need to let my skin breathe. So i usually just apply a small amount of tinted moisturiser. But, By the weekend when I'm out and about i like to use this routine for  my face and lips. 
So first of all in the shower i wash my skin with the Clinique redness solutions, which starts to calm and soothe the affected areas by the time I'm out the shower and dressed. Then, when its started to look less inflamed i apply La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (I will be doing a post on this very soon so keep your eyes peeled). I let this soak into my skin for a few minutes and then i apply a small amount of Benefit Pore Fessional to the worst areas. This Makes my overall skin tone a little more even for when i apply the foundation. Afterwards I use the tips of my fingers to apply about a pea sized amount of Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser.  Then Again i go over the worst affected areas with my Lancome Long Lasting Softening Concealer. I use this as its not too drying but has a good full coverage. I tap on the concealer with my fingers as it gives a more natural finish. Lastly, on the foundation front, i spray a small amount of Dior Air Flash Spray Foundation onto my Flat edged foundation Brush, and dab onto my skin all over. First i concentrate on my chin and jawline, then all over to merge the colours and make the whole look a little more even. This Foundation is a new find of mine  that i fell in love with as it gives such a flawless finish.
In the daytime i like my lips to look subtle and moisturised. So for this look i apply some of my Clinique chubby stick which gives a very natural colour tint then i go over the top of this with the Dior Lip Glow for the moisture and Shine. I realise this isn't my whole makeup look, but i wanted to show you a before and after of my worst affected areas. Please let me know what you think and let me know what you use on your skin:).
 
Thanks for reading,

Alys
x

3 comments:

  1. Ahh we are the same. I have the same 'problem' with acne.
    Check my post 'The history of my skin' maybe it'll help you the products which I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the products you use are great! I also have the Clinique redness soloutions cleanser and it works SO well :D x

    http://iisforiz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top