Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Essentials

Are you looking for a few new staple skincare or makeup products to add to your daily routine?
 
  
These may be the products for you....
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder
 
Firstly Vichy 'Dermablend' setting powder is my must have beauty product at the moment. Especially this time of year when you cant predict the weather day to day, this will ensure that your makeup stays in place for hours on end. When i read the reviews on this i wasn't convinced that it would make that much difference as lots of people had written that they loved the powder but needed to reapply it throughout the day. This definitely was not the case for me. One sweep (using a large blending powder brush instead of the powder puff they provide) keeps my makeup on all day with zero retouches. it reminds me of the Bare Minerals Mineral veil. With a similar consistency but doesn't dry your skin out as much. The powder is translucent and leaves no residue or product on the surface of your skin which is great because i find a lot of powders can clog my skin up and make me look like i have a huge amount of makeup on. As this is fragrance free i can 100% recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. This is now part of my daily makeup routine and I'm excited for those hot summer days and my foundation wont slip off of my face!
 
This is available to buy in lots of retailers now at a range of prices but i purchased mine on Esentual as you can see for £14.45.
I'd love to know if any of you lovelies have tried the Vichy Dermablend foundation?
 
 
 Dior Skin BB Creme
Shade- 01
 
The second product that i purchased was Dior Skin BB Creme. I was completely stuck between this and Estee lauder's dupe but i ended up choosing this after reading better reviews. I did however get given a sample of Estee Lauder BB cream and absolutely loved it! So il probably be buying that soon as well. Dior describe this product as 'A dream combination of skin care and make-up'. I agree to a certain extent. The consistency is unlike a BB creme that i have tried before. It has a foundation fluid like feel on application but sets to a powder finish. Instead of  providing a coverage like makeup it smoothes and sinks into the skin, adjusting to your individual tone. I'm not convinced i could wear this alone instead of foundation, maybe in the summer on holiday. But it's lovely as a base underneath my normal routine. It reminds me alot of Chanel's Perfection Lumiere foundation. Although its very light it has a powdery look and feel, and they also work really well together. The tube is fairly small but comes with a unique pump which is such a helpful feature, and aesthetically it looks great.
 
Dior Skin BB Creme is priced at £30 but i paid only £25.50 also at  Esentual
 
 
Lastly this is a product I've wanted to try since it was first launched.
 
Benefit Gimme Brow
Shade- Light/Medium
Anyone that knows me knows that i am a complete eyebrow addict. I love keeping them in shape and preened to perfection so whenever i hear of new brow products i jump at the chance to try them out. This product has seemed very popular and everybody seems to be raving about it so i was very excited to purchase this.
Benefits claims 'Fiber gel adheres to skin and hairs for fuller looking brows'. The Colour for me was perfect, almost a dark ashy blonde. When i first applied it looked very natural. it combed the hairs into shape and it was almost like wearing a tint layer on top of the hairs. My brows instantly looked neat and tidy and i will admit they did look slightly fuller. Overall i loved this product but it wasn't something i can use alone. I needed a slight touch of powder and pencil at the end just to create the shape that I'm used to and also fill in any gaps that i have. The product kept my eyebrows looking perfect all day with zero touch ups needed! Definitely a must have for any eyebrow addicts or even any eyebrow virgins out there. A great natural finish with zero hassle!
I purchased this in Debenhams for £17.50.
 
 
Thankyou so much for reading,
Have a lovely Easter weekend
Alys
x

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of that Vichy Setting Powder. A great review!

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Sweetie, you definitley need to try the setting powder! xxx

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top