Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

Chanel Perfection Lumiere

Product Review
 

I've tried to be really good recently and only buy products that i know i really need and use on a regular basis. But, along came Valentines, and i felt like i deserved a little treat! I decided I'd have a little splurge and try a Different Chanel foundation for my winter 'pale days'. The truth is, days when i can't be bothered to tan.
So when i got to the Chanel counter i did my normal speech about needing something with a high coverage for acne and combination skin and the Chanel rep recommended Perfection Lumiere . I had already seen a few positive reviews on this particular foundation it so i asked if she could apply it all over (as you can never really tell how well it goes onto your skin otherwise). She advised me on applying with a brush to get better coverage. I have heard mixed reviews on using brushes, and for me personally i have gone off using them. Because i have certain areas that need more attention when applying, i find by using my fingertips i can apply it more evenly and i have more control over how much i use. I also find it gives it a more natural finish when applied skin to skin, but that could just be my personal preference because of my skin type. When i have used brushes in the past I've found that my skin gets worse and worse as it spreads bacteria back and forth every use unless you have time to thoroughly clean them everyday. 
The foundation smelt so fresh as she brushed it on and blended it from the middle outwards. The texture was very luxurious and creamy but still so light on the skin. Usually i need to use concealer on my chin area on top of my foundation but this was such high coverage i didn't need anything extra. The finish looked dewy (which is almost impossible to find with high coverage foundation) and at the same time it also felt like i had dusted over the top with a setting powder. The colour was possibly the best match I've ever had as i usually go for something to match my tan and not my natural skin tone. The foundation Lasted a good 6-8 hours which is good for me! The rep also gave me some under eye gel samples to try and persuaded me to get the blusher she had applied afterwards. Lets face it i don't need much persuading! The eye gel felt amazingly refreshing under my eyes, and soaked in so quickly. The little tubes that she gave me have lasted ages and although i don't really suffer with bags under my eyes, they do feel slightly tighter and less puffy in the mornings.
The next day i applied the same look with my fingers and was really happy with the results.  So if your looking for something with a flawless and dewy finish this is definitely the foundation for you. I wouldn't perhaps recommend this to someone without blemishes or uneven skin as it it would be far too heavy for you. The selling point for me wouldn't just be the lasting coverage, but the buildable layers. Throughout the day you can apply thicker layers on precise areas to ideally control your complexion’s perfection.

Perfection Lumiere retails in at £36.00

The Products;

 
PERFECTION LUMIÈRE
Long-wear Flawless Fluid Makeup
12 Beige Rose

 
 
Joues Contraste
Powder Blush
64 Pink Explosion
 
 
The 'Pink Explosion 'blusher comes in a cute little velvet pouch.


Hydra Beauty
Radiance Eye Gel


The Look


For this I also used:
Lancome Hypnose Mascara
Eyeko Liquid Eyeliner
Clinique Eyeshadow- Super Shimmer 35
Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake- Motto
Nars Lipgloss - Paris Follies
Dior Lip Glow
 


4 comments:

  1. That blusher is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, I'm a sucker for a pretty blusher, I need this in my life!

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Originally I chose a slightly darker pink blush but she didn't have it in stock, so I ended up choosing this one...was definitely fate! You honestly need this in your life. It's such a pretty pink, perfect for spring and literally I think it goes with every foundation I own! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much that mean alot :) xxx

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top