Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

What's in my Shower this Month- Hair Care

Product Review


Are you looking for new skin or hair care product to revamp your shower routine? 
Here are a few products that I'm currently using and loving.
 
Aveda
Blue Malva
Shampoo
 
'Adds silvery brightness to grey hair, and neutralises brassiness in chemically-treated hair and all shades. Blended with blue Malva that's wild-crafted-sustainably gathered by hand in its natural habitat-to balance hair and scalp, plus coneflower, known for its ability to intensify colour.'
Although I'm not as blonde as i used to be this shampoo is my saviour as a pick me up when it gets to the sixth or even seventh week after colouring my hair. Sometimes you can start to loose the colour as it fades, especially when you have highlights. I use this once a week to stop the colour from going brassy blonde. the one thing i love is the smell. quite often i get put off products when they smell sweet and sickly but this has quite a distinct aroma. Being a purple shade and having this scent, it reminds me of Palma violet sweets bringing back memories of when i was a little girl. The shampoo foams up instantly meaning you don't need to use alot in each application. I would recommend this for people with any type of blonde highlights. My mum also uses it as a pick me up on her grey/white natural hair colour. you can also buy different shades to suit your hair colour.
This Retails in at £27 for 1 litre bottle which works out so cheap!
You can buy in Aveda salons all over or on their online shop here.

 
Aveda
Blue Malva
Conditioner
 
This Conditioner paired with the above shampoo are the perfect match. The conditioner is also Purple and is very deep conditioning. I use this once a week (usually on weekends) to hydrate my hair after a week of heat styling and maintain the colour. using both these products i can usually go 9 weeks between highlights.
This retails in at £20 for a 250ml bottle and you can buy this product here.
 
Bumble and Bumble
Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
 
I brought this as a trial as I've wanted to try Bumble and Bumble for so long. I already have quite thick hair but I'd heard such good reviews on this particular one so i had high expectations. The set don't really have much of a scent, and When i first tried them, i wasn't overall impressed. The shampoo didn't foam up, so i had to use quite alot of it and i didn't appear to have any increased results.  But the more i used them the thicker my hair got. it was almost more of a treatment. my hair feels stronger and less brittle. The more I've used them the better condition my hair has got and i'd even say that it has grown lots. i am loving using it but I'd quite like to try some of their other ranges.
The shampoo retails in at £18.50
And the conditioner is £20.00 both on the Bumble and Bumble website.
 
Aveda
Smooth Infusion
Conditioner
  • 'Daily conditioning smooths and softens hair up to 60%.
  • moisturises and reduces frizz
  • Exclusive plant infusion-a blend derived from organic aloe, maize and guar bean-creates a smooth new surface on hair
  • Significantly reduces frizz and unwanted wave, helps prevent flyaways
  • Protects against surface damage from heat styling
  • Babassu-derived cleansing system softens hair with a luxurious lather
  • One of 7 groundbreaking products honoured with Gold-level Cradle to Cradle certification. '
Lastly I'm currently using the smooth infusion conditioner for those frizzy dry days. I completely agree with the description Aveda have given on their website. this product stop my hair from the horrible frizz i usually get, the kinks are smoothed out once blow dried and it makes my hair so soft and shiny. it also stays feeling like this untill the next time i wash it, which is so hard to find. i cant wait to try more of this collection.
This retails in at £19 on the Aveda website here.
 
Thank you for reading,
Alys
x
 
All of my Aveda products i buy from my local salon which is based in Ludlow, Shropshire. Here's the link to the salon for more detail: http://www.angelhairstudio.com/

4 comments:

  1. Love Bb products bit pricey tho :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh they are pricey! They are worth the investment though, i actually brought some recently from this website to save money: ActiveBeauty.co.uk and paid up to 25% off RRP. if thats any help? also you can buy mini's for £4 to try them :).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I started using Bumble & Bumble my hair loves me!! :)))
    A.
    letterstoa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha thats such a nice way of putting it! so does mine :) its nice to feel loved aha! xxx

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top