Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Clean Room Clean Mind

...As my Mum tells me often.
Thanks to my lovely Dad, i now have a shelf, double the size of my old one to hold and display all of my products on. Whilst i was sorting through my rediculous collection, i decided to give my bedroom a little makeover. Having such a small room i am constantly trying to find different ways to organise and store everything. This is the end result, let me know what you think!


I've organised all of my products into groups ranging from eyes, brows and lips to tools,moisturiser and hair. In total i used 15 old glossy box's to arrange them in, and then any over spill or larger items I've placed in order of use next to the correctly labelled box. I Don't think I've ever been this structured and disciplined, i wonder how long it will last!




The Large Stopwatch and ribbon (above my mirror) i got from an Accessorize window display a few years ago, still not quite sure what to do with the stopwatch as it so big but i love it so much i cant seem to depart with it! The wicker basket is from a group of three i brought from a Laura Ashley warehouse in Newtown. I use the largest for washing, the middle for hair appliances and the smallest as a bin! They are so useful in a small room, especially as they have lids, you can easily hide away anything messy.


Ive been looking out for some new lights to go around my bed post for a while now. Just before Christmas i was down in Kent visiting family and my auntie kindly gave me this set. they are made to look like glass with a gold layer on one side of the shapes (hearts, diamonds and stars). They give such a pretty effect at nighttime and its so nice to not have to have my main light on all the time!


Anyone that's visited my room will know i have a slight obsession with hearts! I'm not sure what it is about them, i just seem to love them haha. This one in particular i was given to by a friend so i love it even more and the quote written on it is so cute!



My mum recently brought me this new bed collection from Ikea. I love it so much. the material feels silky and theres nothing quite like getting into a freshly made bed! The duvet set comes with four pillow cases, and the spread has little flowers over the middle part. It looks so beautiful on and it goes with the rest of my room. I feel so old getting excited over bed linen! If your reading, Thanks Mum!


I absolutely adore these two paintings, they are my favourite flowers and look gorgeous just sat on either side of my window. I've wanted to put them up for a while but wasn't quite sure where to place them! So delighted that they are now part of my room.



This Beautiful Lamp i inherited, I'm not quite sure where it was from when it was first brought but i know that its had a few different lamp shades. I'm in love with the glass and metal stand. The lampshade gives it a classic feel and i know its boring but i love cream! The mix between vintage and modern materials are possibly my favourite mix/design to buy.

Thank you for reading,
Alys
x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous room, tell your dad ill be in touch about some shelves hehe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou honey! haha will do...he loves a good diy job :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a lovely room!those paintings are really nice!pretty lamp & headboard too chick!gotta love fairy lights!:)wish my room looked as lovely as urs!:)xx

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top