Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

February Favourites

Beauty Bloggers We're almost half way through February already! So, before it's over i want to share with you a quick run down of my favourite products that i've reviewed in the last few weeks. Enjoy!

Bioderma Sensibio H2O 100ml


My first item is a french skin product that has been all over the Internet recently. I may be a little bit late in discovering Bioderma, but I've completely fallen head over heels in love with it! Bioderma is aimed at people with very sensitive skin, for me it for filled this role one hundred percent. It gently removes all traces of makeup and leaves my skin feeling soothed soft and hydrated. Its not often i can find a product that my skin doesn't reject immediately. During the first application, i appeared to have zero itchiness, redness or irritation and my skin didn't feel sore in the slightest. The liquid has such a light consistency it doesn't feel like a normal cleanser. For the majority of people, i would recommend to use this as an alternative to face wipes, which I personally don’t think are very good for your skin. I do sometimes use a cream afterwards if I want to double cleanse, then follow with a toner, but with this product it's not essential to your routine. I brought a smaller 100ml  bottle to start with as i have so many cleansers, toners and makeup removers that I've brought over time and they haven't been suitable for me. So I'm grateful that you can buy this as a smaller size to try first, also would be great as a travel size option. Although, its safe to say i will be purchasing the larger 500ml bottle as soon as possible!

Aveda Dry Remedy
Daily Moisturising Oil
This a new product for Aveda, and not something I've seen them do before. Dry Remedy is a very very light moisturising oil. A saviour for all those split ends and to give your hair a little bit of love when it starts to get a bit dry and frazzled. Ive been using this on my hair everyday for the past two weeks and can't get over the change already. You can use it on dry or freshly washed hair i sometimes apply to both if it really needs it.

Aveda has only recently come into my life in the past 12 months. A friend of mine introduced me to a hair salon called 'The Angel' which is in the heart of Ludlow(Shropshire). I had heard of the brand Aveda before but not ever tried any of their products. The first time i had my hair cut coloured and blow dried i was completely astonished at the difference it made, i felt like a new woman! Of course i give a huge amount of credit to my amazing and very lovely Aussie stylist Amanda, and i am so grateful to her for introducing me to the brand. Over the last 12 months I've made my way through quite a few of their products ranging from shampoo, conditioner, hair protectors, and a range of serums, and to my surprise loved every single one of them. This has got to be the best so far though. As my hair is naturally quite dry and frizzy i usually need oil or serum to smooth it down. After using Moroccan oil for so long when i changed to this i realised that Moroccan oil wasn't actually treating my hair. It seemed soften temporarily but after every wash it would revert to its frizzy dry self. The dry remedy isn't as over scented and is reconstructing to the strands of your hair. I  would describe it as more of a long term treatment. Aveda is very gentle on your hair and i don't think my hair has ever been in such good condition as it is at the moment. Its thick, shiny and looks naturally healthy. The only downside is the hefty price tag to go with them. I see it as more of an investment though as I'm really trying to look after my hair!


Here is the link for my very talented hair dresser.


La Roche-Posay
Effaclar duo

Corrective unclogging care
Anti-imperfections

Lastly this is a product I am currently trialling and reviewing but i just wanted to share with you all what I've brought this month. This is a new Acne based product by La Roche-Posey. Recently, I've read so many good reviews on this product and when you have suffered with problem skin for as long as i have, you'll give anything a go! I have quite a lot of redness and unevenness to my skin which is caused by scaring from previous acne combined with new blemishes. The main aspect of this corrective cream is to Unclog pores and Fight against marks so i was hoping that it would start to fade my scars and make my skin look slightly more even. I started using this product about a week and a half ago and have noticed a few small differences so far. My skin feels slightly flatter, it hasn't made any spots disappear but they seem less angry. My scaring is still very prominent but over all my skin feels smooth and hydrated. I'm not convinced that this has anything to do with this product yet though! The cream itself has a smooth light texture and soaks in very quickly. Once applied on to your skin you can moisturise over the top and then apply makeup. I'll keep using this morning and night and re post in a few weeks with the results.


Essie
'Lilacism, Ballet Slippers and Instant Hot'

 
I've always been a huge fan of Essie nail polish, but for some reason recently i cant stop buying their new pastel coloured collections.  I'm unsure if its my taste changing or if its the sad fact that I'm just growing up, but I've had a change of heart when it comes to nails. Nowadays i only seem to wear light pinks nudes or pastel shades. My favourite so far has got to be 'ballet slippers' . You have to apply several coats, but it has such a natural glossy look and I've been given so many lovely compliments whilst wearing it, i just cant get enough! I brought some whilst i was in America recently as they are so much cheaper, but these i brought from a website i discovered called: Nail Polish Direct. They were very cheap compared to the normal UK prices in store, the delivery was free and i received them within two days. on the website they have pretty much every Essie collection there is. And  to top it off, if your a member of Facebook, you can receive £1 off of your order! Definitely worth a look for all you Essie addicts.



Bumble and Bumble
Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner


This is a product i have wanted to try for a while but, as I've previously stated I'm a very loyal customer to the brand Aveda and I've been reluctant to try anything else! So whilst talking to some other blogger's online and reading their reviews on it, i decided I'd give it a go! When i received the bottles i couldn't believe that they were 250ml in size, they are so little so i decided i would be very sparing when using them! I already have fairly thick hair but this collection had the best reviews, and anyway what girl doesn't want thicker hair! It does say on the back of the bottle that you only need to use a little. So, when i applied the shampoo and it didn't foam up like a normal shampoo i was really worried i hadn't used enough and that it wouldn't of thoroughly washed it through. I carried on regardless hoping that it had. After conditioning i combed out my hair and applied some oil to tame the frizz! I used my large barrel hg styling brush to blow dry and about half way through i could tell slightly that it felt like the strands were thicker. My hair dried well and it had washed through fine, phew! After the first time of using it, it didn't necessarily look 'thicker' but the strands appeared stronger and more structured. It felt extremely glossy and the colour looked radiant. I felt like i had just stepped out of the salon! Since using it i have noticed my hair feeling stronger right from the roots and it doesn't seem break off as easily as it would before. For me, i would love to try some of they're other products before buying this again as i don't feel it had a massively life changing effect on me but , I would definitely recommend this if your hair is very this and and limp. The products are definitely worth the hefty price tag that comes with it!


Thank you for reading
Alys
x

1 comment:

  1. love your blog I have nominated you for the Liebster award... go to my blog to get more info...
    http://amsiegramham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top