Pages

Sunday 16 March 2014

Smash Box CC Cream Review

Smashbox
 
Camera Ready CC Cream SPF 30
Dark Spot Correcting
 
Whilst Flicking through my recent edition of Glamour magazine i was shocked to find a sample of Smashbox's new camera ready CC cream. Glamour quite often have samples included but not usually products that I'd get excited about! So i thought I'd give it a go and let you see the results!
 
As you all know i suffer with acne and my main problem is finding something to cover previous and recent scaring. I haven't yet tried many products to fade my scaring as i wanted to concentrate on clearing up my skin before conquering the underneath.  So I'm not quite sure if this will work on my skin. Smashbox CC cream claims to fade post acne scars over time i thought this would be perfect for me. I've tried smashbox camera ready primer before and loved it so was very excited to try this.
 
On first glance the cream looked a little too dark for me, but that's fine as it comes in 5 different shades i can always try a lighter one at a later stage. As i started to apply the cream onto my cheeks i found that a little really did go a long way. The texture is light, non-greasy and definitely more of a cream consistency. In my opinion the finish is semi-matte and buildable which is great if you need a touch up throughout the day.After applying to my problem areas i found that i wasn't quite happy with the coverage. This might be great for summer skin but this time of year i like my skin to have a bit more dewiness as it tends to get dry easily. A matte finish tends to cling on to my dry areas and  for me this product wasn't a high enough coverage to wear just on its own. Below, the picture on the left is my skin with just with the cc cream.  as you can see overall its not a bad evenness but you can still see my most prominent spots. In the right picture I've applied a small amount of Dior Air flash foundation and Chanel 'pink explosion' blush on my cheeks. this now has give n me my desired finish.
As a base i thought it was good, i'd probably try it again in the summer but for me personally i couldn't wear this just on its own. However as you can see with foundation the final look is actually almost flawless. I also don't think the shade was quite light enough for me so I'd love to try the lighter shades of this product before making a final decision.
 I used this product for about a week and a half and it showed little improvement towards fading and redness of marks but as a cc cream and a base to foundation i would definitely purchase this. I'd love to know how you all get on with this!

 
Thanks for reading
 
Alys
x

4 comments:

  1. I've just tried a sample of this too and love it. Like you, I just apply some extra concealer to blemishes, but love how it evens my skin out and tones down any redness in my cheeks. What shade was in the magazine? I'm around an NC20 at MAC and using a Fair/Light. I've also got a sample of the Light/Neutral but it's a tad too dark.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was light/neutral but I'm very pale! That's good to know as I'm NC20 in mac aswell I think I need to retry it in a different shade. Do you suffer with bad skin aswell or were you using it as a base? Xxx

      Delete
    2. I was using it instead of my normal foundation as I want to start using something lighter for spring/summer and this seems like it'll do the trick. I can't wait till it's launched before I think it's the type of thing I've been looking for. Most BB/CC creams currently on the market are too watery and thin in texture, but I love the coverage and staying power of this. I've also heard the new Estee Lauder BB cream is good too.

      Laura x | Life and Lipstick

      Delete
  2. This look so good! I am currently using the Benefit's Big Easy and even with concealer it doesn't come up like that.

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top